Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Coverage of the Biloxi Trip

this is an audio post - click to play

This Biloxi trip I'm taking is really snowballing. How our campus newspaper is going to cover it hasn't been finalized just yet, but we want to make this HUGE. Since the Biloxi trip is going to be taking place during spring break, our newspaper's Web site could do something like online photo galleries during the week and short briefs I write.

But once we get back, all that week we'll run stories, features and the whole shebang. Perhaps even a seperate photo insert.

Learning about Hurricane Katrina relief efforts is much more compelling if it is done visually, so my stories are going to be secondary here.

Right now, in addition to finalizing our trip plans, I'm trying to get as many newspapers to run my stories. So far, the Canton Repository has expressed interest. The Plain Dealer politely said no because they have already sent a chunk of reporters to the area before. But man, if I get the Akron Beacon Journal to cover it, it'll make my day.

Comments:
I'm excited for you. I look forward to reading your stories.
 
Don't get bit by any snakes!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?